Shortland Waters golf course is right next to the University of Newcastle.
Visitors playing fees are typically between $20 and $30 depending on day. For all the fees check here.
The Shortland Waters Golf Club is situated in the wetlands belt of Newcastle and is well known for its friendliness and hospitality. The Clubhouse provides magnificent views over the 18-hole championship golf course.
Good aspects of Shortland Golf Course
- Fairly open course with easy approachable greens.
- Friendly & helpful staff at both the Pro-shop & Clubhouse.
- In summer you can hire a buggie & green-fees for two between 3 & 7 P.M cheaply
Not so Good aspect of Shortland Golf Course
- Some holes are quite hilly with dips & gullies,making hard work on your legs, if you’re pulling a golf-cart.
The 18-hole layout is par 71, 5937 metres for members and 5110 meters for ladies built on 64 hectares, enclosed with approximately 5000 trees and home to approx. 80 species of bird life.
It’s a good course for novices & pro’s alike,with some tricky holes dog-legging either left or right.It’s a par 71 course, consisting of “3” par 5’s,”11” par 4’s & “4” par 3’s.The par 3’s are straight forward, but be careful of the wind on the 1st of the par 3 holes,which usually has a cross wind blowing from left to right & the long par 3 15th hole, which goes across water with at times a strong head-wind to compete with.
- Address: Off Vale Street, Shortland, 2307, New South Wales, Australia
- Proshop: (02) 4951 4129
- General: (02) 4955 8169
- Holes: 18
- Metres: 5760m
- Par: 71
Enjoy your day at Shortland Golf Course. A terrific golf club in amidst the bushland and wetlands of Shortland a short drive from the airport or Newcastle City.